In view we have been servicing the State of Florida for almost three decades, we have been able to assemble to a team of experienced agents and knowledgeable staff to assist you throughout Florida, from Palm Coast to Palm Bay, Daytona Beach to Tampa, and all areas in between.
Although real estate prices have not fully rebounded from the most recent pre-depression levels, the market is showing signs of life. While it has taken almost a decade for prices to rebound from those depressed values, today may be possibly the best time to purchase real estate in a long time. With that said, many that researched prior to their original purchase, still believe that real estate is likely the safest and best investment over time. The key is making every effort to “Buy Right” and not “Buy Blind”. Today, as in the 2004-2007 era, the bidding wars are back. Relatively tight inventories in certain markets are often causing the values to be pushed in the upward direction. Home buying for those in the market begins to make more sense as the cost of renting a dwelling keeps rising. For those who wish to simply upgrade their home, a rebound on property values and low financing rates may be a motivating factor. For those who are immigrating into the area, an experienced Realtor with market knowledge and an understanding of your goals may be a good choice. Home Buying Tips:
- Credit Score – A Lower credit score may decrease your chances of obtaining the best interest rate, or possibly obtaining financing at all. Be sure to monitor your credit and look for any inconsistencies. Errors can be fixed by contacting the credit agencies.
- Set Your Budget – There are many tools available to establish what you can reasonably afford. This will allow you to conduct searches within your price range to find a home you can be proudly call your own.
- Other Costs – There are costs associated with the purchase of a home, including but not limited to the down payment, inspection fees, financing and closing costs and more. Contact a mortgage lender and be pre-approved for financing before you begin your search.
- Find an Agent and Search for a Home – Our experienced agents will strive to help in finding the right home for you, within your budget, in an area you will be happy in.
- Making an Offer – You’ve found the house you want, now it’s time to make an offer. Our experienced agents will assist you every step of the way through the offer and contract negotiation process.
- Financing – Once you have an accepted and ratified contract, it’s time to finalize the loan process with your mortgage lender. Since you’ve already been pre-approved, and we have been keeping them up-to-date with any developments , the process should move much smoother.
- Inspections – Hiring an experienced inspection professional can help you learn about the home and avoid any pitfalls. Ask to be present during the inspection; inspectors may point out minor repairs that may need to be done to the home, as well as major ones. These inspections are important as you do not want to move into your new home and find out two days later that the HVAC system is inoperable and a new one is required, or the roof only had 6 months of useful life left and requires replacement. Our experienced agents can assist you in determining whether any deficiencies found should be repaired by the seller prior to closing, or if you should negotiate a credit for the repair allowing you to take care of the item after closing.
- Closing the Transaction – This is the last step needed in buying your new home. You should receive the closing disclosures from the title company or closing attorney at least three (3) days prior to the scheduled closing. These disclosures must be carefully reviewed in order to make sure all the financial terms of the real estate agreement have been met. Our experienced agents will be there to answer your questions. Once you have approved the documents and the transaction is closed with all funds sent and received, it’s time to get the keys to your new home. Congratulations, you will have survived the process!
We at the Titan Group, Inc., will assist you in fulfilling your real estate goals, doing our utmost to help you navigate the potential pitfalls in the marketplace, and work hard to make your experience as pleasurable and stress-free as possible..
With over 28 years of experience, many in the marketplace chose The Titan Group, Inc.’s valuation division to quickly and accurately provide values on real property which they are contemplating acquiring, deposing or transferring. As many have learned enduring the past real estate cycle, proper valuation of an asset is imperative prior to acquisition or disposition. It is important to understand the current market and what options are best for you. Accurately estimating the value of real property is important as it impacts everything from your financing, overall yield, potential depreciation, insurance, and even your real estate taxes, all of which will affect your bottom line. The Titan Group, Inc.’s valuation division may be your solution to higher yields, shorter hold times and peace of mind. For those who are in need of selling their home, having an expert value your home based on data and not emotion may expedite a transaction. With that said, knowing the actual value of your property and being able to discuss, defend and support these values with your lender may be the difference in having a Short Sale offer accepted. Estimating a property’s value demands a survey of economic and social trends, government controls and regulations, and even environmental conditions. They all tie together to influence the four elements of value, which include:
- Demand: The desire for ownership supported by financial means to satisfy purchase
- Utility: The quality or state of being useful to potential buyers
- Scarcity: The perceived limited supply of competing properties
- Transferability: The ability to transfer ownership rights with ease
Whatever your individual situation may be, The Titan Group, Inc., has the knowledge and experience to meet your needs.
If you are a Homeowner who is no longer able to afford your mortgage you now have a federally sanctioned and endorsed alternative to a foreclosure: a short sale. A Short Sale is a transaction wherein the seller’s mortgage lender agrees to accept a payoff which is less than the balance due on the loan. A short sale is only possible when the transaction amount of the purchase (purchase price) does not exceed the balance of the mortgage. A Short Sale is a good alternative to a foreclosure. While a seller typically cannot financially benefit from a Short Sale, the negative impact of a Short Sale on your credit would less harsh, thus allowing you, the seller, to begin repairing your credit much sooner than if you went through a foreclosure. Individuals selecting this option sell their home for less than the remaining balance of the mortgage. If your particular lender approves the transaction (accepts less than what is owed), you can consummate the transaction knowing your lender has accepted something less than the note as full payoff of the debt. A short sale may be an option to consider if you:
- Are ineligible to refinance or modify your mortgage
- Are facing a long-term hardship
- Are behind on your mortgage payments
- Can no longer afford your home and are ready to leave
- Have not been able to seller your home at a price that covers what you still owe on your mortgage.
Normally, mortgage debt forgiveness results in a taxable event for the seller. In other words, the amount forgiven by the lender may be considered income. However, pursuant to the Mortgage Debts Relief Act which was extended through 2016, there would be no taxable event. According to the IRS, you may be able to exclude up to $2 million of debt forgiven on your principal residence. Please check with your accountant to verify this event. Business property, credit cards, and car loans may not qualify for the tax relief provision. Are you making an offer on a short sale? Here are some helpful hints:
- Enter into the agreement with patience. There are several stages to the short sale process that can be lengthy. A typical short sale can take 5-7 months from start to finish.
- Have your finances in order. Lenders like cash offers. In the event you cannot pay cash, it is important to show that you are able, willing and qualified. In a lender’s eyes, the offers which are considered to be viable are those wherein proof of funds are shown (if you are paying cash) and/or you provide documentation to support your credit worthiness (Pre-qualification letter from a reputable lender or availability of funds if a considerable down payment is offered).
- Lenders do not like contingencies. Lenders like flexible terms. If you need to be in a home by a certain time, a short sale may not be for you. It is very likely that you will be asked to purchase the property as is. Since lenders are already taking a loss on the property, they may not be willing to agree to any further requests for repairs or credits.
- Can you take rejection? Even when a short sale is approved by a lender, sellers may be required to sign a promissory note of some amount in order to further reduce the deficient amount of the loan. For sellers who are financially strapped, agreeing to further debt payments may not be possible. Until all terms and conditions are signed off by the Lender, terms of a pre-negotiated contract may change.
If we understand all the risks surrounding short sales are considerable, then we should also understand these type of transactions may also provide us a win-win situation. Sellers are able to get out of hardship, the mortgage company does not have to incur the additional costs of a full foreclosure, and the buyer has the opportunity to purchase a home at fair market value or below. The Titan Group, Inc., has a team of agents experienced in the short sale process. There are no additional costs or negotiation fees to assist you with these negotiations, valuations or the like which the lenders’ may require.
A foreclosed property, also known as Real Estate Owned (REO) is a property that was once owned by an individual or an entity but has been returned to the mortgage holder for disposition or management. This is usually a result of a foreclosure action or acceptance of a deed-in-lieu of a foreclosure action. A foreclosure can occur when mortgage payments are not made over a period of time and efforts to resolve the default are unsuccessful. Foreclosure proceedings are initiated with the filing of the default notice in the public records. This filing is known as a Lis Pendens or a Notice of Default. The Lis Pendens or Notice of Default can lead to one of the four following scenarios:
- The borrower may be able to reinstate the loan during the grace period as instructed by the state law/court. During the grace period or pre-foreclosure period, if the homeowner pays off the default amount, then the property will not go into foreclosure.
- The borrower may have the opportunity to sell his or her property to another buyer during the pre-foreclosure period, either via traditional sale or short sale, thus paying off their loan. If he or she pays off the loan, their credit history will not show a foreclosure.
- The lender comes into an agreement with the borrower wherein the borrower voluntarily releases the property to the lender via a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.
- The lender completes the legal proceedings of the foreclosure and the property goes to foreclosure sale. At the foreclosure sale, the property will go to the highest third-party bidder or revert to the foreclosing lender as an REO. A certificate of title is issued, and in the case of an REO, the lender will decide the course of action for the disposition of the property.
Are you thinking of purchasing an REO property? When considering the best home for a foreclosure purchase, the first step is finding the right agent, particularly one specializing in REO properties. Purchasing a foreclosed home is not as smooth and easy a process as it may seem. When you work with one of our real estate agents, the process is simplified. At The Titan Group, all of our agents are trained and experienced in the sale of foreclosure properties and can provide advice on the best options for your new investment. What condition are the properties in? When being placed on the market, not all REO properties have the same level of preparation. It is left to the lender on whether or not the property will be partially repaired, renovated, or if it will be left as is. In most cases, qualified buyers have the opportunity to pursue a loan option where the mortgage can be combined with renovation costs in financing. The FHA 203(k) loan, for example, is a great option for individuals purchasing foreclosures where repairs are needed. It is a great option for buyers who are struggling to find their own sources of renovation financing. It is important that you consider the following when seeking a foreclosed home for purchase:
- The process is highly impersonal. You are not purchasing directly from the person who lived there. Instead, you are purchasing from the bank that foreclosed from the previous owner. The bank’s asset manager simply views the bottom line numbers.
- No disclosures or credits. Because you are purchasing an REO property, banks do not provide any disclosure or previous information on previous owner’s experience. There are typically no credits towards repairs on foreclosure properties.
- The Bank has its own process. The bank usually has its very own process that protects its interests. Banks will typically respond to an offer to purchase within 2 to 4 business days, depending on the lender.
Are you interested in a making a foreclosure purchase? Let one of our experienced real estate agents assist you today with finding the right property. We have thousands of listings throughout Florida to choose from.
Monthly Gross Income
Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
In today’s market, hiring a property management company can be challenging, especially for absentee owners or investors who have never leased their properties before. The Titan Group, Inc., is a full-service property management company offering a full complement of services to make your resident property management experience simple and profitable. Services offered:
- Residential property management
- Full advertising for individual properties
- Marketing and showing of the property as required
- Tenant Screening – Perform background checks for individual tenants
- Review tenant qualification with owners
- Rent Collection
- Repairs and maintenance contact
- Construction supervision for refurbishment projects or repairs
- Vendor repair coordination – as required
- Tenant and vendor relations
- Monthly rental payments to owner (ACH deposit is available)
- Quarterly statements
- Eviction services
It is our goal to deliver a property which a tenant can be proud of. Prior to advertising your property, we will complete an interior/exterior inspection of the property, making sure the property is clean, functional and free of any life safety issues. Prior to delivery, we will do a walk-through with the new tenant, taking photos as well as copious notes as to the move-in condition of the property. If any deficiencies are noted, necessary repairs are coordinated. We make ourselves available to the tenants and encourage calls to report concerns as soon as possible. We prefer to address small issues today with hopes they do not become more costly matters in the future.
Allow us to help you with your property management needs. Our team of experienced, seasoned property managers will work hard to help you from making costly, time consuming mistakes, and to take care of your needs.
Selling a house can be as stressful as buying one, but add the fact that this house may also be your home. Whatever the reason for selling your real estate, the experienced agents at The Titan Group, Inc. are here to make the process as smooth and painless as possible. Real estate prices have begun to rebound. This surge in prices, however, does not mean we are back to the pre-recession price levels. Here is where our extensive experience in valuing real property for our residential and commercial clients may be extremely beneficial to you. We will help you establish a list price for your property that will attract prospective buyers instead of turning them away. Our objective is for the greatest possible outcome in the shortest amount of time. Our agents will review your home’s position in the marketplace and make suggestions on how to make your property show in the best possible light for the greatest return. Our suggestions may range from a simple de-cluttering or de-personalizing of your home to sprucing up the exterior to increase curb appeal. Prospective buyers need to be able to envision their lives in the house. It is imperative we do not lose a prospective buyer based on what the outside of your home looks like. How can you help? Do a pre-inspection of your property. Is there anything you know of, items which may need to be repaired? Repairing items before you actually list the property may avoid issues with inspections or negotiations later which may also save you money! In most cases, marketing photos of both the inside and outside of your home will be taken. Therefore, having your property cleaned up and organized beforehand will help your property shine. There is nothing worse than seeing a marketing photo of a bedroom with the bed unmade, and clothes and other items lying about, or a photo of a kitchen with a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. The same goes for when it is time to show your home to prospective buyers. This may be additional work for you, however, it will allow your home to be viewed in the best possible light. Also, try not to limit when your house can be shown. Limiting the times your home can be shown may also limit the potential buyers who you may attract. We at the Titan Group, Inc., will assist you every step of the way, doing our utmost to help you navigate the potential pitfalls in the marketplace, and work hard to make your experience as pleasurable and stress-free as possible
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
The Titan Group, Inc has remained active in the commercial marketplace as a result of its commitment to superior service. Our clients appreciate and benefit from the knowledge we have acquired from almost three decades in the Florida real estate market. We offer a comprehensive list of services to make your commercial property management experience simple and profitable Services
- Tenant Representation
- Commercial property management
- Marketing and leasing
- Tenant screening
- Contract negotiation (vendor and tenant)
- Rent Collections
- Budget preparation
- Construction/Tenant Improvement supervision
Our clients (owner or tenant) prefer to deal with a single point of contact, rather than with many subcontractors or building representatives which can be time consuming and somewhat problematic. We would like to have the opportunity to earn your business.